Let’s start with what SEO is and why is it important?
Search Engine Optimisation increases the visibility of your website on Google search results when they search for relevant products or services. The more visible you are on Google, the more likely you are to gain relevant website traffic with the potential of sales.
SEO is important because people search many times per day to find information about your products or services. SEO provides the opportunity to be found before competitors are.
It was found that if you are not on the first results page then you are likely not getting much if any traffic. To get SEO right, you need to conduct an effective SEO Audit.
What is an SEO Audit?
An SEO Audit and an integral process that analyses your websites performance in aim of achieving visibility. It identifies key issues and opportunities for your websites ranking on Google results.
This includes different checks including:
- Ensuring that Google is crawling the website correctly, to accurately rank it.
- Checking the on-page SEO for any problems.
- Checking off-page SEO ensuring all links are working correctly.
- Ensuring the user experience standards are met by using a responsive design.
- Optimise content with keywords.
- Ensure there is no duplicate content.
- Set up website analytics to monitor the performance.
Why are SEO Audits important?
SEO Audits are important because they can help you avoid problems that can hinder your website’s performance. By auditing your website you ensure that it is not only working but meets industry standards to ensure users visit your website over competitors. In summary, if the problems are not found it can affect the website visitors resulting in losing sales.
You should regularly conduct a SEO Audit on your website to maintain a high standard performance.
- Check for issues that may be hindering your website performance.
- Fix the quick-to-fix issues on-site.
- Analyse organic search traffic.
- Review and analyse backlinks
- Conduct content audit and content gap analysis.
Useful tools to use:
Semrush site audit, Google analytics, Google search console, Google page speed insights, Google schema markup testing tool.
Take the worry away! We believe that outsourcing Digital Marketing to us enables you to focus on what you are good at, with more time to focus on your performance in key areas whilst we implement strategies developed specifically for your needs. Find out more here.Check out our previous case studies to see what we have achieved for our clients by conducting successful SEO Audits.